Learning and Employment
Fusion offers support for people who need a helping hand to get them into work and would like to try learning something new.
Fusion Workshops and Courses
Our courses are fun and designed to increase your confidence and self-esteem. We understand that your previous experiences of learning may not be recent or positive, so we ensure that we provide the encouragement you need. We will also help you identify what you want to do next on your journey.
Our courses start at entry level and are designed to encourage you to move on to the next level.
If you’re wondering where learning could take you in the future come and talk to our Learning Team to see how we can help with our workshops and courses.
Contact us on 01484 532280, use the contact form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what learning is starting soon. See below a sample of our regular courses and workshops.
‘Come Dine With Me’ Healthy Eating Course
(4 Hours per week)
This course runs for 7 weeks and you will learn:
- How to plan and cost nutritionally balanced meals that are good for you.
- Practical kitchen skills and a variety of cooking methods
- What is meant by a healthy balanced diet and an understanding of food groups
- How to correctly use and maintain a range of kitchen equipment
- The importance of health and safety in a kitchen
Getting involved has given me extra confidence. I have learned about healthy eating the different food groups the importance of them. I now know i can cook proper meals for people and enjoy it!
Money Matters Workshop
- How to budget
- Value for money and the importance of shopping around
- Managing your bills and how to switch energy suppliers
- Opening a bank account or set up a savings plan
- Dealing with debt
- Changes to the benefits system
Digital Skills/Finding Work Workshop (4 Hours)
- An assessment of your IT skills
- The opportunities that IT can offer everyone
- The importance of IT when looking and applying for work
- You will identify how you want to use IT and the skills you will need
Fit For Life Course
(3 hours per week)
This course runs for 4 weeks and you will learn:
- Measure your own fitness levels
- Learn the 5 ways to wellbeing
- Design your own simple exercise circuit
- Try out new ways of exercising
- Improve your mood and have fun!
What Makes a Successful Tenant?
Workshop (4 Hours)
- Understanding your Tenancy Agreement
- Rights and responsibilities
- Building positive relationships with landlords
- Being a good neighbor
- Advantages/disadvantages of sharing accommodation
Healthy Eating and Cooking Workshop (4 Hours)
- What is a balanced diet?
- How to eat healthily
- Importance of having a good diet
- How to cost a meal
If you are unemployed and looking for work we can help you. Whether it’s developing new skills or polishing up on interview and application techniques we are here to help you. We offer:
- Information Advice & Guidance
- Interview preparation
- Access to a computer or laptop
- Use of phone to ring employers
- Accessing to training
- Help with CVs, cover letters & applications
- Contact us on 01484 532280, use the contact form below or email email@example.com if you think we can help you.