Housing Advice

Don’t just pack your bags – get advice.

“I have worked with fusion advice team. They have helped me keep my home and went to court with me as my landlord wanted to evict me. They are friendly, helpful and did not judge me. I feel comfortable with my Fusion Advice worker” Shane

Advice Client

If you’re looking for free, professional, independent and confidential advice from a service with over 30 years of experience dealing with housing issues then look no further for help.


Our Advice Services are accessed via our Dewsbury, Huddersfield and Wakefield Offices.


What we can help with

If you are homeless, at risk of homelessness, want advice about your housing options or a current housing problem then our Advice team can help. You can face difficulties with your housing for many reasons which can often be stressful is you do not know the options available that may help you solve your housing problem. In many cases by taking the right action early enough, your Housing problem can be resolved and homelessness can be avoided altogether. If you are under financial pressure and your home is at risk of repossession then we recommend getting advice at the earliest opportunity.

We provide a confidential and free advice service for individuals age 16 and over and can assist you with housing and related matters including:

  • Rent and Mortgage arrears – financial problems relating to your housing, help with court applications to prevent eviction and claims for benefit to help pay your housing costs.
  • Notices to leave the home and threats of eviction
  • Harassment and illegal eviction
  • Court hearings for home repossession
  • Homelessness – prevention, applying for help and challenging Local Authority decisions
  • Housing Benefit claims, decisions and overpayments
  • Finding a place to live – advice about your options in Kirklees

We also provide representation via a Housing Possession Court Duty Scheme at Huddersfield County Court. In general we would like to see you before any Court possession hearing, but where this is not possible we could see you on the day at court. We try and prioritise people with bailiff warrants for possession to be seen in the office as emergencies.

Do you have a problem and don’t know where to go for help?

advice kirklees

Problems can often be confusing, stressful and complex. This can make it difficult to know where to turn for help. Fusion Housing recognises this and teamed up with other local agencies to form the Advice Kirklees Service. Designed to be a balance of self help information to help you solve your problem, to a specialist telephone assessment and advice line. Advice Kirklees can make sure you speak to the right people for the right advice when you really need it.

Adtabs kirklees advicevice Kirklees can direct you to help and advice for you and the whole family. So if you have a question that you need an answer to click on the icons to visit the website or call 03448 487 970

For self help information on any many other problems Citizens Advice – Advice Guide could help.

Housing Possession Duty Scheme – Huddersfield County Court

If you have a mortgage or secured loan and you are being threatened with repossession or if you are a council, housing association or private tenant and threatened with the loss of your home then we can represent you.

What we do

  • Advise you of your housing rights
  • Negotiate with your landlord or lender
  • Work out affordable repayments
  • Help reduce your mortgage repayments
  • Help in applying to suspend a Notice of Eviction
  • Represent you at court hearings
  • Help with re-housing
  • Help with housing benefit
  • Help with DWP mortgage interest payments

It’s never too late to ask for advice so if you have not contacted us before court then ask to see an adviser before your hearing.

When contacting us for advice it would be helpful for you to have the following information:

  • The date and time of any court hearing
  • Your court papers
  • Tenancy agreement or mortgage papers
  • Proof of any payments made
  • Proof of your income
  • Details of your household expenditure.

Don’t just pack your bags – Get advice. We could prevent you from losing your home.

Get In Touch – Housing Advice