Homes – Bond Guarantee Scheme
Helping to access Private Rented Housing
- Over 18.
- Without dependent children.
- In receipt of benefit or on low income.
- Homeless or potentially homeless.
- Registered on Kirklees Councils Choosnmove
- and placed in Band C,D or E
What is a BOND GUARANTEE?
A BOND GUARANTEE is a written and legally binding agreement between the Homes Team, a tenant and a landlord. It replaces the upfront cash bond that is normally required by landlords to cover the cost of any damage to their property, or rent owed when a tenant moves out.
What can Fusion Homes offer?
- Bond Guarantees of up to one month’s rent (upper limits will apply – check with us first).
- Property inspections before you move to make sure it meets basic standards.
- Help with your Local Housing Allowance claim (formerly Housing Benefit).
- Support to help you sustain your tenancy.
- General help and advice about Landlord and Tenant matters.
- A route out of homelessness.
Resettlement into the Community (RIC)
Our Homes service also runs the RIC scheme which aims to help people that have been released from prison in the last 12 months or due to be released from prison to access private rented accommodation.
We offer a Bond Guarantee (not upfront cash) to assist people who are homeless and not seen as being in priority need under homelessnes law. Upper limits apply to the bond guarantee value.
Fathers into Shared
Our Fathers into Shared scheme can offer shared accommodation to fathers who have children but are not their primary carer yet want overnight access.
Contact us for more information on these schemes.
So you meet the initial eligibility criteria?
- Look for a property.
- Choose a property that is the right size for you.
- Make sure the property is affordable:
- Over 35 years of age £80.55 per week rent.
- Under 35 years of age £55.00 per week rent.
- View the property – make sure you like it.
- If you like it and it meets all the above, visit our offices and we can take further details from you. We will at this point need to know the property address, the landlord’s address and phone number.
- Attend your interview when booked.
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN A TENANCY AGREEMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED ONTO THE SCHEME. WE CANNOT PROVIDE YOU WITH A BOND IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP TO A TENANCY.
IN TIMES OF HIGH DEMAND WE MAY ALSO NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A BOND IMMEDIATELY AND YOU WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITING LIST.
General Information and Handy Tips
Where to look for a property.
Local newspapers usually have a property section that advertises properties to let.
Estate agents have all types of properties but be aware that most charge an administration fee, and may ask for references and in some cases, a guarantor.
Newsagents and other shop windows often feature notice boards, which carry properties advertised by private landlords.
Lets Help You Website (www.letshelpyou.co.uk) has private rented properties that are available across Kirklees.
DSS Move has private rented properties available in Kirklees
Some private landlords advertise thier vacancies via Fusion – please enquire with the team.
The internet has property sites that feature properties from a range of estate agents and landlords. This can save you a lot of time as it potentially enables you to identify several suitable properties at the click of a mouse. If you do not have ready access to the internet you may be able to access it through your local library
If you have a friend who is homeless or threatened with homelessness why not join forces and get a joint tenancy? Cheaper bills? Cheaper rent? We will be happy to consider your application and bond limits can be increased accordingly. We will be happy to discuss this with you.